Everybody suffers hair fall once or many times in their life. On constant search to find a miracle hair treatment or hair oil, you don’t have to spend lot of money. Here is the way to prepare natural homemade hair oil that reduces hair fall and helps in achieving strong and healthy hair. The star that helps in hair fall reduction is GARLIC .
- Garlic is excellent for hair growth.
- It helps in decreasing hair fall, boosts regeneration of new hair follicles
- It removes harmful toxins from scalp, enhances hair texture, and reinforces the hair roots.
- The allicin in garlic helps in increasing blood circulation in the scalp which in turn reduces hair fall and helps in stimulating hair growth.
- Garlic also has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help in treating dandruff and itchy scalp.
- The sulphur present in garlic reduces the severity of dandruff and prevents it from coming back.
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
- Sesame oil
- Garlic cloves
- Curry leaves
How to prepare
Mix the oils in equal proportion. Add curry leaves and garlic cloves with skin (slightly crushed). Warm the oil . Don’t overheat it. Leave it for an hour so that the garlic gets infused
Apply this and massage hair. Leave for for half an hour or overnight. Shampoo and condition as usual.Use this once in a week. Make sure you make fresh batch every time rather than storing this. Have patience, it definitely will help on regular usage within 2 months.
Garlic has pungent smell,if you are not fine with that reduce the garlic cloves amount and keep the oil open for an hour before applying it.
Good luck !
I have been experiencing hair fall lately because of the salt water in Chennai especially in the area I live . Even you taste the salt when you take bath 😦 . I have been in constant hunt for a good hair oil, that will save my hair to stick to the scalp 😦 .
To save my last strands of hair, I have picked up this for 2 reasons 1) It’s from an herbal brand 2)I fell for the claims I have seen this pack 😉 .You can get it online from amazon .I got this oil 2 months back and I have been using this as overnight oil treatment . I alternate between coconut oil and Himalaya oil . Although it’s not so great ,I’d say it worked and I’m happy with my purchase 🙂
Product description :
Himalaya Anti-Hair Fall Hair Oil prevents hair fall and stimulates hair growth. Enriched with the goodness of Thistles and Indian Gooseberry that strengthen root shafts and prevent hair fall. Fenugreek is rich in lecithin and proteins that nourish the hair roots. Neem and Bael work simultaneously to prevent scalp infections and keep hair healthy.
How to apply :
Part your hair and apply oil on the scalp. Massage the scalp gently in a circular motion using your fingertips so that the oil is absorbed into the scalp. Leave for an hour or more before washing.
- Thistles strengthens the hair root and prevents hair fall.
- Indian Gooseberry, a natural hair tonic used extensively in Ayurveda, is an effective ingredient for treating the hair and scalp. It prevents strengthens hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
- Fenugreek is a natural source of protein. Protein is important in rebuilding and strengthening the hair shaft. Its medicinal properties help to reduce hair fall and hair thinning.
- Neem relieves dry and itchy scalp and promotes hair growth.
- Bael acts as an astringent and is also useful in treating excess hair fall and a scaly scalp.
180 rupees for 200 ml
My hair type:
Dry hair with dry scalp , not damaged
I have been using this oil for 2 months, twice in a week . In the first 3 weeks I didn’t notice any improvement, post that my hair fall has been reduced a bit . I am able to visibly notice texture improvement in my hair . It works 😀 given you have the time and patience. I always applied this oil overnight and i need to cover my pillow to prevent it staining my pillow case . But its okay, i can compromise for that for the product that works. One thing I hate about this is ” you need to wash your hair twice ” and you can’t do that in a hurry. Although the hair claims to be herbal , I don’t notice any herbal smell, it’s a strong smell which I couldn’t describe. Overall its a good product and helps in reducing hair fall ( but don’t expect a miracle :P)
- It helps in controlling hair fall .
- Improves hair texture over time
- Controls itching for dry scalp
- It’s from trusted herbal brand
- Decently priced for the quantity
- Clear bottle, so you know how much is left
- It’s not lightweight, looks greasy post application
- Strong smell , although vanish after an hour
- Need to wash your hair twice with shampoo
Do I purchase it again:
Yes 🙂 Why not , It works and good for price and quantity
Do I recommend to others:
Rating : 4/ 5