Everybody suffers hair fall once or many times in their life. On constant search to find a miracle hair treatment or hair oil, you don’t have to spend lot of money. Here is the way to prepare natural homemade hair oil that reduces hair fall and helps in achieving strong and healthy hair. The star that helps in hair fall reduction is GARLIC .
- Garlic is excellent for hair growth.
- It helps in decreasing hair fall, boosts regeneration of new hair follicles
- It removes harmful toxins from scalp, enhances hair texture, and reinforces the hair roots.
- The allicin in garlic helps in increasing blood circulation in the scalp which in turn reduces hair fall and helps in stimulating hair growth.
- Garlic also has antibacterial and antifungal properties that help in treating dandruff and itchy scalp.
- The sulphur present in garlic reduces the severity of dandruff and prevents it from coming back.
- Castor oil
- Coconut oil
- Sesame oil
- Garlic cloves
- Curry leaves
How to prepare
Mix the oils in equal proportion. Add curry leaves and garlic cloves with skin (slightly crushed). Warm the oil . Don’t overheat it. Leave it for an hour so that the garlic gets infused
Apply this and massage hair. Leave for for half an hour or overnight. Shampoo and condition as usual.Use this once in a week. Make sure you make fresh batch every time rather than storing this. Have patience, it definitely will help on regular usage within 2 months.
Garlic has pungent smell,if you are not fine with that reduce the garlic cloves amount and keep the oil open for an hour before applying it.
Good luck !
Does your hair lack shine ? and you are always in search of hair care products and spending money. Well this tip will put an end to all of that and you can get shiny and moisturised hair 🙂
- Organic Apple cider vinegar
Mix apple cider vinegar to 2 parts of water. Adjust this as per your hair length,
How to :
Once you have shampoo and conditioned your hair. Use this mixture as last rinse. Don’t wash of with excess water. Dry and style as usual.
Your hair will impart a natural shine and apple cider vinegar helps to retain the moisture. 🙂
Today’s tip is an age-old one and proven .I have been looking for natural way of lightening lips without using lemon. I’m allergic to overdose of vitamin C 😦 Well this tip is awesome and not messy . Its 100 % natural and you do it any time in the day and how many ever times in a week
Tip: Cut a small wedge of beetroot, peel the skin. Push a fork through it to get the juices. Now apply the beet juice by running over beetroot slice over your lips as if you are applying lipstick
Your home-made lip therapy is ready 🙂
Good luck !
Summer has already started in south India and Sun is in glory . Although Sunlight has a lot of goodness, it eventually results in increased heat inside our body and our environment. You can escape from external heat by having AC all the time, but your body eventually heats up resulting dehydration, dryness in skin and produce heat gits .
This post helps you to keep your body cool and escape from heat
- Avoid eating spicy foods
- Reduce the intake of meat
- Eat light at night
- Consume fruits and vegetables having high water content
- Avoid fried foods
- Avoid foods with high salt content
- Consume minimum 2 litres of water in a day
- Have tender coconut water thrice in a week
- Drink cumin water (water boiled with cumin for 10 minutes and cooled completely)
- Stay away from aerated drinks
- Sip on herbal tea with mint
- Drink home-made butter milk(one cup of curd beaten and mixed with 3 cups of water and bit of salt and pepper)
- Drink mixture of amla juice and honey every morning
- Have fenugreek seeds with water every day
Personal hygiene and beauty:
- Avoid wearing tight clothes
- Take bath twice a day
- Sweating is good.
- Keep yourself clean
- Shampoo your hair in alternate days
- Deep condition your hair with a mixture of castor oil and coconut oil (1:2 ratio) at least once a week
- Spray rose-water in your face and enjoy coolness
- Mix sandalwood powder with rosewater and apply face pack for instant coolness
- Avoid being in AC all time
- Open your windows and balcony doors and let the air circulate (Safety first 😉 )
- Wash your clothes when sun is high and dry them in your balcony. Your home-made cooler is ready 🙂
- Mob your floors or wash them post noon to reduce the heat inside your house
Good luck !
When it comes to girls and ambition, the pattern is clear: girls are discouraged from leading. When a little boy asserts himself, he is called a “leader.” Yet when a little girl does the same, she risks being branded“bossy”—a precursor to words like “aggressive,” “angry,” and “too ambitious” that plague strong female leaders.Calling girls bossy is one of many things we do to discourage them from leading. It’s no wonder that by middle school, girls are less interested in leadership roles than boys, a trend that continues into adulthood.
If you ask a room full of women, “Have you ever been called aggressive or difficult at work?” almost every hand goes up. If you ask a room full of men the very same question, only a few hands go up. Why are women and men having such vastly different experiences? Decades of social science research have taught us what we already know—stereotypes are enormously self-reinforcing. Men are expected to be assertive, confident, and opinionated, so we welcome their leadership. In contrast, women are expected to be kind, nurturing, and compassionate, so when they lead, they are going against our expectations. A man who makes a tough decision at work is often seen as decisive, while a woman who does the same may be seen as impulsive and brash.
In the global war for talent, leveraging the full potential of the population provides a serious competitive advantage. Companies with more women in leadership roles have been shown to perform better. The good news is that there are small adjustments you can make to overcome gender bias on your team and in your organization. As you do, all ships will rise.
The time to start building female leaders is now. Join with Ban Bossy and to encourage girls and women to lead.
P.S: This article is to show my support for Ban Bossy campaign. Contents are taken from banbossy.com
Good Luck !
Split ends are very girl’s concern or those who have long hair or damaged hair. Split ends are caused due to lack or moisture, excessive heat , rough handling of hair and stress. Although there is no permanent cure for split ends rather than trimming your hair, you can prevent split ends with this simple mask.
- Whole egg (use egg white if you don’t like the smell)
- Extra virgin olive oil – 3 spoons
- Ripe banana -1
Mix all the ingredients in a blender.Adjust oil based on your hair length. Pass through a nice sieve to catch any small banana seeds. Your mask is ready.
How to apply:
p>In a pre washed hair(best used in 2nd day of hair wash), apply this mask coating hair strands.Apply generous amount in hair tip. Leave it on for a minimum of half an hour. Shampoo and condition your hair as usual.
Use this hair mask once a week for visible results.
Good luck !
Today’s post is an easy and healthy version of south Indian lunch . Its tasty and can be made within couple of minutes. People of all ages with love this. The star ingredient is Bottle Gourd (Suraikkai in Tamil).
- Bottle Gourd (medium size)- Peeled ,flesh removed and chopped
- Moong dal – quarter cup
- Sambar powder – 1/2 spoon
- Salt – as desired
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 spoon
- Onion- 1 medium-sized. Finely chopped
For dry roast
- Dry chilli – 3
- Coriander seeds – 1 spoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 spoon
- Coconut – 2 spoon (optional)
- Roasted gram – 1 spoon
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- curry leaves
In a kadai, dry roast the ingredients mentioned and powder them coarsely. Keep it aside. Now add 1 tea-spoon oil, add mustard seeds, cumin and curry leaves for tempering.Add onion, saute it . Now add chopped bottle gourd pieces,water, turmeric powder and sambar powder. Let it cook for 5 minutes. Now add dry roasted powder and salt. Turn off the heat once bottle gourd is cooked.
Now add cooked rice and ghee. Mix it well and garnish with coriander leaves. Your lunch is ready.
Good luck !
I started using henna a month ago and I have applied henna paste twice in a month. It has helped to improve my hair texture, enhanced the color of my hair. Now my hair is blackish brown color. Henna also helped to achieve shine and smooth texture. As as added advantage, it helped to cool down my body. Those who have sinus or might get cold soon, please wash the henna paste within 30 minutes of application. If you are okay to keep it for a long time, keep it minimum an hour to 3 hours . Shampoo and condition as usual .
Ingredients you need
- Henna powder (store-bought . I have used Banjaras natural henna)
- Whole egg (Use egg white , if you can’t tolerate the smell)
- Curd or Yogurt
- Lime juice
- Ground coffee powder
- Coconut oil or olive oil
How to prepare :
Take a bowl ,add all the ingredients except oil and mix it. Add water for your desired consistency.Keep it overnight in fridge. Next day add coconut or olive oil.Coat all the strands of your hair with this mixture. Leave it on your hair as your wish. Wash this off thoroughly . Shampoo and condition as usual.
- Curd and oil helps to prevent dryness
- Coffee powder helps to achieve rich brown color suitable for indian hair color types.
Once you leave the paste overnight, the next day it would have developed a black color rather than the beautiful green color of henna. That’s the indication that you prepared the perfect paste. Enjoy your new hair color and reap the benefits 🙂
Good Luck !
Are you looking for a minimalistic makeup and to achieve a glowing skin , well then here is the tip for you 🙂
Mix your foundation or BB cream with moisturizer and apply it evenly. Add bb cream to cover blemishes and dark circles. If you have oily or combination skin, buff a bit of powder where you face gets oily. That’s it your are ready to go with your naturally dewy and glowing skin 🙂
Good Luck !
“300: Rise of an Empire” is based on a graphic novel by Frank Miller called “Xerxes,” after the Persian king. The movie is not a sequel to “300” .It showcases events concurrent with the previous film. “300” showed the land battle, in which 300 Greeks attempted to stop a massive Persian army at Thermopylae. “Rise of an Empire” shows the sea battle, happening at around the same time . I watched this on Friday with couple of friends.
The plus or backbone of the film are picturization, adept use of camera and the bi***y acting of Eva Green as Artemisia. She rocked and made you really hate her 🙂 Every character in the movie was chosen wisely and overall experience is amazing
Its worth the money and I request you all to watch in theatre especially in 3D 🙂
My rating: 4.5 /5